Thursday, April 22, 2010

U MAd Im BAck!!! Yall need some tips get ya SWAG UP..KAnye Corey YEEEEAA Bitch!!!


Midrange Game (Part II): The Denim Jacket
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In Part II of ‘Midrange Game’ I’m going with the vintage denim jacket.

Beyond popular belief, denim jackets are easy to wear. The trick is to grab one that understands its history and pays homage to its roots. All these crazy contemporary jackets with fake distressing, nonsensical zippers and over-the-top pocket details (think Diesel, True Religion, etc) are over-designed and look silly.

I picked up this Levi trucker jacket at one of my favorite vintage stores in Chelsea, NYC. Although Im a 40 chest, I bought a 38 to get a better fit. This jacket was made circa 1970, smelled like authentic trucker cigarette smoke and was beat-up from decades of wear and tear. After a quick dry clean it was exactly what I was looking for. Probably the best $30 I’ve ever spent.

To play it safe, pair a denim jacket with slim cotton chinos in khaki, navy, olive, brown, or stone grey (like the ones pictured). If you’re a little more adventurous - and experienced - try a broken-in jacket with dark raw denim to add a little F*ck You to your look. Just make sure the washes are different enough that it doesn’t look like a Canadian tuxedo - which in my case is just a tuxedo ;)

Keep in mind, as always, when you read this blog that I do not encourage dressing like me or copying my looks. I only share pictures to use as inspiration for you to find your own look.

For example, do I recommend wearing retro Jordan sneakers with tailored designer pants and a luxury timepiece? Not necessarily. But do I recommend expressing yourself through your method of dress? Absolutely.
Thanks for reading.


Yours in style,
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment